Dave Spitz

Monday, July 11, 2011

Still lost...

So, a week ago I quit my job at the Fifties Grill & Dairy.  My co-workers weren't friendly and my working environment wasn't the healthiest.  Not only was I not happy working there but I was having a hard time not being more social.  I prefer to be social and I think it is the only way I will be happy in a work environment. 

Today I went job hunting.  I still am clueless as to what I can do in Jamestown and I feel incomplete.  I am not satisfied just sitting here and doing nothing at my house but I feel like there is really nothing I can do to better my cause.  Obviously, this is me being lazy and what not.  I have applications from the local hospital and retirement home... as well as a video game store.  Wide variety.  I guess I would like to work at the retirement home because I like talking with elderly  people.  I don't know how ever how well I will cope if anyone I became close to passed away.

But I suppose that is me being selfish.  Who knows where I am going to end up?  On a happier note Kostya told me that he will be able to stay in America until September 15.  Since his appointment at the embassy to get his visa is August 8, he should hopefully be able to get a plane ticket soon after.  The longer the stay, the better!!  I can't wait to show him all the great things about America... but also prove to him that America isn't as amazing and luxurious as it is made out to be.

There is still poverty and there is still suffering.  Obviously I am not suffering from either since I am able to be on the internet so frequently in my home and I have no room to complain.  But I just think it isn't fair...

No comments:

Post a Comment