Dave Spitz

Monday, July 4, 2011

The Lococo Family

Never have I loved an entire family before!! For starters, this past weekend was the Reece's Rainbow 5 year reunion near Cooperstown, New York.  At first I had no idea what the whole trip was going to possess and what not.  All I originally expected was to meet up with other families who had adopted in the past.  Onward: So, the first day my family lugged to the camp we went straight to the Lococo's cabin.  To be honest, I didn't know much about them other than that they adopted a little girl named Julia and the eldest son had a blog called Speaking for the Silent ((here)) [[I am just awful with tangents]] BACK TO THE STORY! As soon as my family arrived they were more than welcoming and we were all showered with hugs.  Right off the bat many similarities were noticed between our two families.  Three boys, three girls, mom&dad, three adopted, and three biological.  Kinda crazy.  
Caleb - My fellow "oldest of the bunch" became a great friend and we were practically attached at the hip!!  I love how he isn't afraid to act himself and he LOVES children... and people with down syndrome.  We are practically twins ((when it comes to interests)) and we had so much fun!  He is a great photographer and I am patiently waiting to see his pictures!!!!!!! ((not really... I'm trying to hold my breath!!))
Lizzy - We had to pedal her little sister and my little sister around the camp... literally.  The contraption was a luxury for the younger two but for us, we suffered!! IT WAS SO HARD!! I love this girl!! Her fashion is pretty kickin to!
Josh - The man with all the information :) Josh has to be the most intelligent twelve year old I have ever met in my life!!! I miss his witty remarks and passion.
Gabby - She is just too cute.  Right away she fell in love with my two year old sister Sara and wanted to play big sister to her!! I could tell Gabby is a strong individual and wants to do things herself and on her own.  She claims she doesn't cry but I beg to differ. :)
Addisu - He is the most handsome little boy in the world!! He is so spunky!! He was always trying to run away and it made me laugh!
Julia - What a sweetheart!! Me and this little love bug played pat-a-cake and sang row,row, row your boat! SHE IS JUST A DOLL!! I wish she let me snuggle her more!!
Mr & Mrs. Lococo - What a happy pair!  Their family is just beautiful inside and out and I absolutely adore them!  
So, by the time our reunion had come to an end we were absolutely distraught by the notion of leaving one another.  Everyone was crying ((not Gabby :p)) and it was just heartbreaking.  My family and I cannot wait for our next meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Take care Lococo family :)
 

4 comments:

  1. I loooooooove the lococos! and your family. Man, I miss camping already! We're all meeting up again soon though. Pathfinder Christmas party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY!!!!!! I TOTALLY think that would be awesome. Ah, Molly, the girl with the ideas :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pathfinder here we come! We must see each other ASAP!!! By the way, I love your whole family too Taylor!

    ReplyDelete