Dave Spitz

Monday, July 4, 2011

The Beginning ... or rather, the Middle

Well, as this is my first post and I am in the middle of so much that composes my life, I am really lost as to where to start.  I suppose I can start where my mom did when she decided to adopt from Ukraine.  At first, naturally, I was worried as to why my mother would chose such a desolate country to adopt from, and to be honest I was confused why she chose a little girl with down syndrome.  Don't get me wrong, I wasn't afraid of down syndrome, I was simply ignorant to what it actually entailed.  So, as you can guess, my family decided to follow through with the adoption.  In January of 2011, I went with my mom to Ukraine to bring my sweet Isabelle home.  Since I am obsessed with foreign countries ((perhaps need therapy)) I was extremely psyched to go such an unusual place.  Being the weirdo that I am, I fell in love with Ukraine.  I would marry Ukraine to be honest... But I'll get more into that later... Anywho, onward with the story, I met my precious sister, Bellie.

Who could not fall in love with such an angel!??!  Obviously, it was love at first sight.  Onward with the tale... SO some stuff happened in Ukraine that I will save for another post and eventually we made it home.  Mind you, waiting for my mother and I were my three brothers and one sister.  Almost six months later brings me to today... I have left out about a novel of events... but to compile it into one post would probably entail a one hit wonder or a post.  UNTIL NEXT TIME... thanks for reading thus far :)

No comments:

Post a Comment